Sunday, September 23, 2018

2018 FALL ADVENTURE - 09/22


In the cradle of Liberty or… Old Stones and Bones.

Boston Common. Check. Trinity Church. Check. Paul Revere’s House. Check. Saw the State House, Faneuil Hall, the site of the Boston Massacre and, of course, some lovely grave yards. The History of Boston and by extension America is more than a mere mortal like myself could absorb in such a short time and so I turned my feeble mind to Architecture. The streets of Boston boast every kinda architecture imageable. We begin and the beginning of course, with some of the oldest surviving homes in America and march right up to the present with soaring towers of glass and Steel. It’s quite a wonder.

The city’s Library is truly something to behold. I could spend the rest of my days squirreled away in there. Just send coffee and an occasional chocolate bar.

Grand Staircase in the Library

The Reading Room

The South End

Pretty

Taking a break



No comments: