Thursday, February 15, 2018

2018 COSTA RICA DAY 20 In Bejagua 01-30

Yikes Wendy came down with a case of Montezuma’s revenge, nasty stuff.  She skipped breakfast but the owner of the Cataracatas Bijagua Lodge named Warner told of this tea that he makes from indigenous plants that would help.  So nothing ventured, nothing gained I asked him to brew some up please.  I took it up to our beautiful newly built cabin where Wendy was suffering.  Warner warned me it would taste very bitter and it did.  Poor Wendy being the tough person she is drank it down anyway and sure enough it did help.  By the end of the day she was on the mend.
As she was laying in bed sweeting it out so to speak, I took off to Gejagua to find the repair shop to fix the bikes.  Once I found the place they started doing the work immediately and were very nice about it all.  They did a remarkable job under fairly primitive working conditions and I left with my bike fixed and with Wendy’s new brake lever in had which I installed once I got back.

We just hung low the rest of the day so Wendy could recover.

No comments: