Monday, July 21, 2014

2014 Rudy & Beth Summer Road Trip Day 6

Smithers to Prince George
Railroad & Logging Museum


The trip here today was pleasant and uneventful.  The road is way to straight and the scenery is nice but doesn't change much and doesn't really have any big dramatic elements. Last night, after I posted to the blog, I lost all my videos and pictures of the Northern British Columbia Museum.  I'm really major bummed out!




This is a wooden snow plow with sheets of steel over it.  The guys who worked inside of it had a 25 % chance of buying the farm due to derailment, so they say.


Beth said she acutally worked on a switch board at Puget Sound hospital when she was in college.  What was really scary is that many of the phones they had behind glass we both used when we were kids.




I won't tell you what this is but I will tell you that it was part of the logging industry.  Let me know what you think it is.



This is a beautiful wood cook stove that was inside a little train station that was moved to this site. 





See you tomorrow we are heading for Jasper

No comments: