Wednesday, July 23, 2014

2014 Rudy & Beth Summer Road Trip Day 7 & 8

Prince George to Sunwapta Falls & A Day Around Jasper



Ok so I've been derelict in my updates and I'm going the cheap route by doing two days at once.  Well they are kind of the same area. I wanted to post some videos I did with my GoPro camera but I'm working on a satellite internet connection and just one video would have taken 7 hours to upload.  So I'll edit this page when I get home after I do the uploading there.  The ride from Prince George to Jasper was very scenic and it culminated with a view of Mount Robson and then the Rockies around Jasper.  Pretend like you see a video of Robson Below.


Here it where it will be!



We found a great Italian food place right in middle of Jasper.  It's a busy place but this terrace is hidden away with a ton of hanging baskets.  The pizza and Greek (yes Greek not Italian) salad was great the merlot came out of a really good box I'm guessing.


Above is a photo looking down at a Fiat 600 car driven by two guys who have driven from Argentina and are on their way to Alaska.  A 600 was a pretty special model in it's day, it must have about 18 horsepower or so.  We passed them later on the highway and they were up to about 45 MPH, not bad.  Notice the rear engine compartment is propped open with a stick for added cooling on a hot day going up mountain passes.  We used to do that with our 1200 VW Bug, it was a screamer.  My apologies for the hog next to this cool old vehicle, you can't always pick your parking neighbors.


Above is a picture of our ride "MUNICH" the K1300 GT right next to a hog.  The store below was offering Harley Davidson rentals.  They also advertised chauffeured side car rides, which seems like a really fun thing, if you like that sort of thing.  Getting in a side hack with a stranger driving isn't my idea of fun but that's just me.


The sign above speaks for itself, no Bullwinkle was sighted, darn.




We saw no moose but we did see this little guy, I put it in my saddle bag and am taking it home to a friend.   We also saw a mom bear with a cub but didn't linger to take pictures from a motorcycle, the bear spray was buried in a side bag somewhere.  



Well tomorrow we are off to Waterton Lake just north of Glacier, basically it's an extension of Glacier in Canada.  We've been to all these places before but we love them a lot and like to revisit them.  What is really scary though is that we can see how noticeably the glaciers have receded in our life time.   Never mind there is no global warming.

No comments: