Sunday, January 14, 2018

2018 COSTA RICA DAY 4




So today even though it was raining and windy we decided to head up a volcano called  Irazu.  The ride was about 55 kilometers over very tiny roads up into the mountains.  We got lost a couple of times but we did make it to the park gate which was about 1.5 KM from the visitors center.  We were in the fog and it was raining.  Our fingers were frozen and  wet, yep this must be Costa Rica.  My bike had carburator problems and stopped running so we didn't go into the park.  I thought I might be out of gas so I coasted down the mountain to a gas station.  But before I got there it started again so I'm thinking there was an altitude problem with the carb.  Not sure but it runs fine now.


Since it rained most of the day I though I would post this  picture of hope for tomorrow, it was a beautiful rainbow.



We never did see the  volcanoe because everything was so socked in.  We did however find a great lunch place on the way up.  These are a couple of pictures of us getting warm close to the fire place and resting up a bit before the final assault.


It's very stormy and wet so we may just go to the museum tomorrow and poke around town some more.  

No comments: